Friday 11 June 2010

WE SCREW UP DEAL WITH IT

Hi Guys, I just downloaded a tv show called “Being Erica” and is about a woman with 32 years old with a great education and family that end up stuck in a life completely different that she thought it would be when she was younger through a lot of bad decisions and from a Hollywood magic she has the opportunity to tack and change each bad decision she ever had backing in time and living those situations all over again with really funny results.

That made me think, and I think that’s why this show is so good, through the first stone who never thought how it would be change something in your past that it turns terrible wrong by your own choices? I think the point is: we screw up, that’s what human being do best, but the thing is, the meaning of screw up is when we don’t match others people expectancy for us, so because you didn’t go to the university that your parents dreamed for you, for them you screw up, because you like girl not boys you may screw up for parents who dreamed with a girly bride daughter and their grandchildren they will never have.But we only see our own acts as a screw up when we agree with them, that’s when we fell low, when we think we could do better than we did, and that what this show is all about.


I always think that maybe the only reason for that person that everybody knows one, you know? That evil, shallow selfish person that always try to bring you down, that maybe the only reason that person is the way he (she) is, is because he (she) is lucky, is because different than us he (she) never had weight problems or family issues and that made he (she) too confident and give them a mistaken sense of superiority.Is our sense of our own pain that makes us sympathize with other people pain, at least for the great majority, sometimes it takes one relative dying from cancer for you see how important is to donate some of your money for the cancer research or lose your fortune to understand that poor people is just people with no money, and what it would be the humanity without regret? im sure it would be a even worse place to be ,that’s for sure.

The question is, you would really do perfectly if you could do everything over again? or you would just generate a butterfly effect messing things up even more ? And the crazy side of the story: if yesterday didn’t happen, if I never made that mistake or allow me to get that hurt in love, I would be that special carrying person I am now?


I did a very good job in doing things wrong in the past, I did hurt people, i allow me to get hurt, I had few big shallow decisions and some completely stupid unselfish ones, yeah I fuck up big time and the person who fucked me best was myself, and you know what? im sorry who I hurted on my way and im sure in so point who hurted me it will fell the same ,but is life ,and the only really terrible consequence of our actions it would be not learned anything from that ,that would be tragic ,because not learning your lesson it means living it all over again .

You just can’t do better if you not acknowledge what you did wrong .How many men needed to die for finally one got it right and we started to have airplanes or go to the moon, unfortunately all the human history success was a result of series of failed attempts.

Life is a bunch of infinite screwing ups, so don’t fool yourself, doesn’t matter how old or wise you are, you always going to screw up, so do it educationally and be happy.

Steve Cavalcanti


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve!!
I really enjoyed your Blog and since now I'll come here everytime to see what you're writing.
I can see that you doing your best here.
Take care youserlf!!
Hugs,

Raul Leão